KitCart is the fastest way for small businesses to get started selling products to customers around the world. KitCart merchants can also sell in physical locations using KitCart POS,(Point-of-Sale System). If you’re a KitCart merchant with both an online and physical presence, your inventory and stock get synced so you can manage your store(s) from one account, on any device.
But this is only scratching the surface.
To properly answer the question “what is KitCart?” it’s helpful to first understand that - Kitcart is not just another storefront builder or just another tool to list products online. KitCart is the complete "Kit" small business needs for their Cart. Whether you need to get a simple e-commerce website up and running today or you want to go under the hood yourself and build a unique shopping experience, KitCart is built to help you regain the freedom to scale and set your business on autopilot.
If you’re still wondering what you actually get when you sign up for KitCart, the rest of this article explains just that.
What is KitCart?
Kitcart is a cloud-based eCommerce website builder that helps small businesses sell products to customers around the world. The subscription-based software allows small businesses to set up an eCommerce website and sell their products to anyone and everywhere. KitCart merchants can also sell in physical locations using KitCart POS, our point-of-sale system to record their walk-in sales.
How Does KitCart Work?
KitCart works by unifying all of your commerce into a single central command centre. If you’re a KitCart merchant with both an online and physical presence, your inventory and stock get synced so you can manage your store(s) from one account, on any device.
With KitCart, merchants can build and customize an e-commerce website and sell in multiple places, including web, mobile, social media, online marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. KitCart also has features to manage products, inventory, payments, and shipping.
KitCart is entirely cloud-based and hosted, which means you can access it from any connected compatible device and we’ll handle software and server upgrades and maintenance for you. This gives you the flexibility to access and run your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
On any given day, a business owner needs to showcase products, engage with customers, get paid, ship a product, and manage their day-to-day finances and operations. Some businesses use different tools to manage each of those activities and spend a lot of time and money stitching disparate systems and data together.
Alternatively, a commerce platform groups those technologies together and becomes the base upon which other applications, processes, or technologies are developed. In other words, Kitcart offers all of the business tools you’ll need in one, familiar place. And then we ensure that you can easily access and integrate any other business tools you want or need to make KitCart work for your business.
Think of KitCart’s products as layers you can choose from to build the right stack for your business:
What You Get With KitCart
Think about the last time you bought a smartphone. Right out of the box, your smartphone can take photos and videos, connect to and browse the internet, offer navigation services, tell you the weather, and so on. In other words, out of the box, your smartphone allows you to do everything you need your handheld device to do.
Kitcart’s core product-what you get on every KitCart plan-works the same way. Out of the box, KitCart is your one-stop platform to run your business: you get an e-commerce website, a payment processor, a shipping system, a back office, and marketing software, all in one. These are the core functions of running a business.
More precisely, this is what you get when you sign up for KitCart:
- Cloud Hosted online store. You instantly have a cloud-hosted online store where you can create web and sell your products. You can customize the look and feel of your store by changing the store’s theme.
- KitCart POS. KitCart POS is a point-of-sale system that you can use to sell and record your products in person, including brick-and-mortar stores, markets, and pop-up shops. Every KitCart plan comes with a free POS System.
You can choose from over 7 payment gateways such as Stripe, PayPal, Paystack, Flutterwave, and Bitpay, or opt for KitPay which eliminates the hassle of setting up a third-party provider and helps you receive bank transfers payment directly. Whatever you choose, you’re set up to accept all major payment methods and sell in 133 currencies
- Shipping. You can create the shipping setup that works for you, from fulfilling orders in bulk, to creating USPS SCAN Forms, to arranging pickups with UPS and DHL. If you’re in Canada, Canada Post can also offer curbside pickup and local delivery options.
- Analytics and reports. See store activity in real-time, gain insight into your visitors, and analyze your business performance. You also get detailed insights and reports about your business, so you can optimize your store’s activities.
- Support. Get the help you need with 24/7 customer support, comprehensive documentation, and educational resources on our blog.
- Marketing platform. Kitcart's marketing tools let you reach more customers through the built-in blog and SEO tools, as well as create Facebook and Google Shopping campaigns. You can track your campaign performance across all channels in one dashboard, and you retain full control over your customer data.
- Email marketing. Kitcart Newsletter is our very own email marketing tool that allows you to create brands to communicate with your customers, and campaigns to help you sell more products. You can track their performance from the same place you manage your products.
Get Started With KitCart Today
With your Kitcart store, there is no limit to how much you can sell. And getting started has never been easier! Start your free trial, kick the tires, and come have a look for yourself.
Ready to create your online store? Start your free-forever KitCart-no credit card required.